Monday, August 13, 2012

Milford Memories

This past Friday I took a "ME" day and spend it down south with my mom, grandma, and aunts. It was the annual Milford Memories craft show. Despite the downpour of rain on and off all the way down, the detour from M59 and M96 (just to let you know there are no exits between the two if you are heading south), and the pit stop at Walmart in Highlands, I had a blast! A well deserved "ME" day. =o)

Once we got there, the rain stopped. It was overcast for most of the time with a period of hot sun. Enjoyed looking at all the vendors, picked up a few gifts, and had fun taking pictures along the way. =o)


 As we walked down the street, there were lots of little gardens, flowers, and landscapes that were fun taking pictures of. This was a neat fence that caught my eye.





Also there was this neat fountain scupture with swans on it.

Mom and I are in a photo club and the assignment for this month is "wood" so I took this awesome picture for that. =D

Aunts chilling by a huge orange.




















Had to take a picture of this vendor's sign - even though "Chloe" is spelt "wrong". ;o)


Group picture! =D


Just in case anybody needed to know that geese cross here. =o)



All the neat shops along the road behind the craft vendors....

This was painted on one of the walls in a kitchen/cooking shop. I loved it so I had to take a picture of it to remember it. =D

Then there was this grey guy. He was very interesting to watch. =D




Mom and I went into this store that had polish pottery. It was actual pottery shipped from poland. Very cool!






Then on our way back to the beginning I ventured out for some different pictures.
A couple of honey bees busy at work getting some food. =o)


Baby purple martin birds in the roof crying out to their mommy that they are hungry.


And no more than 5 to 10 minutes later after we got back, it rained..........

And it rained......,

And rained.....and downpoured......

and kept raining until there was so much water on the street that is was past these people's ankles within a hour or so!

And did I mention that it rained????.....

Poor craft show vendors. =o(

So while we waiting the rain out (two hours) I decided to take some more pictures. lol


My beautiful aunt! =oD

Then on our way home, I stopped at this neat market just outside of Milford for a few more pictures...this time in the rain....while holding an umbrella over me so the camera didn't get wet. Let me tell ya, very tricky to do. =)

 So it rained all the way back but I wouldn't want to spend that Friday any other way. It was good times, even in the van driving to and from Milford, looking for "wood" (oh look...a wooden wagon...), getting lost, and looking at all the flooding that was going around us from the highway.

Milford created memories for sure, for years to come. =O)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!!!!!! =o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My PEEPS! =o)