First and foremost, I would like to thank all the men and women over the centuries who have made, kept, and are currently serving this Country- a Free Nation. I couldn't thank you guys enough for all the scarifies you have made for people like me to enjoy freedom. Thank you once again!
My Memorial Weekend was WONDERFUL!
With no plans heading into the extended weekend we decided to start out by doing some "maintenance" work around the house. We fixed the girls' tree fort, opened and cleaned the pool, and then spent Saturday laying down new mulch for the front yard. The even girls helped by pushing mulch from the truck into the wheelbarrow. =o)
It turned out so beautiful! Also I got a chance to weed out the flower beds too! YEAH! =o)
Someone wanted to be outside and join us. =o) Too bad Killer isn't allowed outside. We did think about putting a leash on him though so he could be a part of all the excitement.
Oh Peebles! LOL
After getting up North to Cadillac, Michigan, I never been downtown in the city so we took a drive. We didn't know what kind of store Peebles was, which caught our eye as we were driving around. According to Taylor, she predicted it was just an all men's clothes store. To me after walking in, it reminded me of a Marshall's or Burlington's. The girls had a blast window shopping their clothing section. =O)
Then it was off to the Park by Cloie's request! Taylor seconded. =o)
Crazy girls having fun! =oD
And then....UH OH!!!!!!!!!! Someone got a dirty butt from sliding down slides that were wet from the rain they got hours before. =o)
Taylor and her faces!!! That kid!!!! LMAO
See the dirty butt (and legs) below!!! LMAO It wasn't slowing her down from having a blast!
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
(Also note Cloie now has on red clean dry shorts.) =oD
(Also note Cloie now has on red clean dry shorts.) =oD
OKAY! Let me tell you.... I thought that the spring in these kind of things were stronger and could handle our weight. BOY was I WRONG! LOL We unexpected fell backwards!
Mommy and her girls! <3
Cloie DEMANDED that I go down the slide after her..... a tube side at that. Let's just say I barely fit. AHHHHHH!!!!! Things a mom does for her girls. =o)
Then it was time to get some food for dinner. The girls thought this place looked like a cool place to eat. Hubby fell in love with the inside. =o)
DA DAWG HOUSE
After having full bellies the girls got ready to go swimming in the hotel pool and while waiting for me and the hubby to get ready they enjoyed watching some cartoons on cable. The good life. =o)
In the morning the girls were again enjoying themselves while the slow adults (aka me...lol) got ready and packed up. =oD
Since there was quite a bit of traffic, we took our time heading home. We stopped at a DNR station - thingy that had a lot of neat things to see. The girls were in heaven checking everything out.
Hubby's favorite thing is below.... ;o)
Fishes! The girls kept visiting the fisht tank repeatedly.

Then we of course HAD to go to the Park again! And this time we enjoyed the beach since it was in the 80's out. Below Hubby was driving and I then noticed something. Can you see it?
Well, apparently Hubby didn't want to see how fast he was driving?!?!?! LMAO He claimed he was trying to dry the towel. =oD
Girls excited to go to the park again in their matching pink zebra stripes shorts. <3 =oD
Beach time! =oD
(Cloie helping daddy carry very important stuff. The toys!)
Taylor cooling off in the water.
Taylor proud she walked out to the "Alligator."
Mommy helping find rocks to take home.
Above: a picture of mom. Normally mom takes all the pictures and even though I don't think the picture is a "great one" (in my eyes) - it's a picture of me, a very rare thing.
I have a wonderful weekend with my family, making memories, having fun, and spending quality family time after working hard around the house. We worked hard and then played hard.
Even looking back at what we did last year, here, was simple yet still a great memory too. =o)
I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Weekend, safe travels, and also made memories they will cherish for years to come.
I know I will cherish mine. <3



2 comments:
Look like you all had fun a much needed get away day. Grandma Shari
As always, the pictures are great!! You have an awesome family.
Post a Comment
I LOVE hearing from you!!!!!! =o)