Saturday, May 19, 2012

Long time no see. Well I'm back.....

Well… why hello there folks. =o) I’ve off the bloggin’ “block” for a little while now. (It seem's like a long time for me.) I’ve been trying to be busy writing my novel. I read a few days ago a post on Mommy Adventures (here) “What are mistakes you see in beginner writers?” by guest post Suzanne Anderson.

Now I’ve been following Suzanne Anderson’s blog for a while now – since I started using Blogger. She is a writer who has a published book, Mrs. Tuesday’s Departure. And since she guest posted, I was eager to read it. I’m a beginner writer in my eyes (even though I’ve written for years….this was my first attempt at really going at it). Anyways, there was a few things in the article that hit home for me.

1.     “Do read widely.” I never loved to read until I was in high school and enjoy reading in my past time. I normally read Nora Robert books but I do branch out once in a while and read other books people buy me or books that catch my eye. (I read all the Twilight books!!)  =D But over the past two years, going to school left me no free time to read. I’ve managed to read magazines on my lunch at work or while taking a bubble bath. But I haven’t had the chance to really sit down a read a novel in a while.  (I use to go through a book a week. Now I'm lucky if I go through one a month.) I am looking forward to doing that again. It helps me as a writer because I can see different writing styles and learn new words that maybe I could use in the future.

2.     “Don’t talk about wanting to write your first novel. Write it.” That sunk in - hard. I was so excited about writing my novel and what I was writing, but I needed to spend more time writing and less time talking about it. Thus, I’ve been trying harder to write more and that is why I haven’t posted any posts after reading the post on Mommy Adventures. Aldo Suzanne states its never been easier to become a published author. That makes me happy! People have asked me what I was doing once I wrote my novel, if I was going to publish it. I didn’t know how hard it would be, but after reading the post, I’m going on and publishing it. I already have someone who wants an autographed copy. =D Sweet!

3.     “Never give up.” I know if I try to publish my book it won’t been all peaches on cream. I know I’ll probably get tons of "no"’s or "it’s not good enough", but I just have to keep on chuggin’ away like the “little engine how could”…. Or couldn’t because….Not going there….. ;o)

4.     “Pay it forward” Oh how I love that theory! I’ve even posted about it (here)….but I do hope my fellow experienced writers help me fulfill my dream of writing and publishing my novel and I know for a fact I’d help someone else fulfill their dreams with the knowledge I’ve learned and been taught.


So in a nutshell, I’ve been writing and working on the novel (proofreading, re-writing scenes, etc) and organizing and having a garage sale. (I’m sitting outside right now while people are looking at my stuff.) =D 
A drawing I did for Cloie while waiting for customers to come pay. =D   I would like to think I drew the family pretty close to the right size and shape. ;o)

But if you are curious on how I’m doing on my novel (which I secertly hope you all are SUPER excited for and want to know everything about), I have decided that instead of doing posts every so often on the novel stats, I would list from time to time on the Story~Time page (see the tabs at the top of my blog).

Also don’t forget to take my little survey to the left side (below "other posts you may like"). I want to know what you want more of? =o)

So hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend and soaking up this summer weather – sunshine and 80 degrees of goodness! Too bad the pool isn’t fully clean yet because I would be closing up shop (my garage sale) and jumping in. =oD
















Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My PEEPS! =o)