Monday, April 2, 2012

Blowing Off Steam



So I have been trying really hard to be happier. I have told myself every morning, for a while now, that today – was going to be a great day. To open my eyes and see the little things that really matter, what makes a memory. So I have been plugging along doing well, then I get side swiped!

Now, being side swiped I don’t mean literally – but emotionally. Let me back track I little bit.

I have been dealing with this person, we’ll call Martha, and Martha is now rubbing me the wrong way. I can normally tolerate people fairly well but I have had enough of Martha. I can only handle so much Martha before a person need to B**** slap her.

You: What did Martha do to you to make me irritated with her? Well, nothing directly.

Now, I don’t hate Martha and it’s not her in general that irritates me. Martha is a friendly, polite person to my face. But just like Martha Stewart, Martha MUST have control over everything! That’s that part that gets me irritated.

Now I’m not claiming to be perfect nor that I’m not a control freak. Yes, I do like being in control, having things my way. BUT I know when to back off and let other people have a turn. Through college in all those management team building exercising and blah blah blah boring stuff, they never taught you how to deal with a non-delegating team member. You learned how to deal with a slacker many of times but not with someone who won’t even let you help the team. It’s like watching a football and the quarterback won’t throw the ball or let the receivers even touch the ball -just him. Pass it already!!!

You: Well, go to the boss and tell him about it. Yeah, well… sticky situation and that isn’t an option. Won’t go into details here but, just know not an option I’m taking.

You: Okay then…. Tell to Martha back off right?  Normally I would because most of the time they don’t know how they are coming across. When they are aware of their actions, they tend to change their behavior. But this time, I would need to know for 100% fact Martha won’t say a word to the boss. Fat chance. Again, the boss can’t get involved, so that’s a no go.

You: Why not let Martha do everything, just like she wants, and eases your load. Why am I complaining? ‘Cause I want to help. I’m not the type who can sit back and take a free ride. I want to pull my weight. I’m a hard worker and take pride in doing my work. And frankly Martha’s messin’ with that.

So at the moment, I just say nothing, pray some work is thrown my way and enjoy the 2 seconds of happiness that it brings, while deep inside, I’m frustrated. I need to look happy doing nothing when the boss walks by while all you hear in the background is: Martha is great, Martha did this, Martha did that, Martha blah blah blah…. (stab me now……..)

 HA! A person can only handle so much before they go serial killer on you.  Don’t want to go that route so I’m blowing off some steam. Thanks for listening. =O)

I know I can't be happy 100% of the time or a ray of sunshine without being pumped on happy pills, but I can blow off a little steam before it gets to the point where the steam blows up the teapot, cracking it, never making it the same again.

I know it's okay to blow steam off from time to time and it almost seems taboo to do so now adays. You always hear about being positive, glass half full, someone always has it worse - but never that's it's okay to complain once in a while to get that bad energy and feeling out.

So now.....Today will be a great day. Today will be a great day. Today will be a great day. Today will be....... ;o)






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My PEEPS! =o)