It’s that time again. =o) It’s Friday, a sunny cold Friday, but – FRIDAY!! TGIF!
I got the chance to work on my novel. I wrote 2 pages. Don’t seem like a lot but since I haven’t worked on it since 3/30 (YIKES!) I’m pleased. I’ve been skipping around a bit at the moment, working on to different parts at the moment, but that’s okay. When I get stuck on one part, I work on the other. It seems to be working for me. Also it's SUPER hard for me to not want to "leak" some of it out after I write. Don't know how some author's can keep all that goodness in??? =oD
OH and yesterday I decided to tackle one of my closets, declutter and organize it, since my plan is to do it this year. Let me tell you, it is super hard for me to declutter. I can sort out my kid’s things, but when it comes to my stuff, it’s terrible. For example, I pulled out all 40 sweatshirts (who has 40, yet alone need 40 sweatshirts?!?!) out of the closet and like 30 sweat pants, pjs, every day pants out – ALL onto the bed. Hee hee hee. Hubby wasn’t too happy with that. I like cleaning at night so keep in mind, I’m doing this at like 8pm.
Anyways…. I know I can’t keep all 40 sweatshirts if I’m decluttering and getting rid of stuff, simplizing (<-- is that a word?) my life. So I know I need to get rid of a few, okay, some, okay, okay – like half….or more. So I have 10 sweatshirts now in a cube thingy instead of stuffed full on a shelf. =o) Feeling good about that, it was off to the pants.
I had them since Junior high! The good ol’ days of Umbros shorts (HA!), Adidas shoes, and Nike socks! HA ha ha ha! I tell ya, I was SO STYLING back then! LOL So I neatly folded them and placed them in my sweat pants/pj’s/every day pants cube thing. Deep down I knew I should just get rid of them and move on, but I couldn't with them. I remember saving my allowance for weeks to get them and all the funny memories with them - plus they are comfy as heck! So, I made sure I had room in the closet for them. Maybe one day they will come back in style. ;o)
If not, at least I know not to wear them with a turquoise polo shirt.
