What a week! OMG! From two deaths in the family, issues at work, people getting sick, including myself - thank goodness this week is almost over. Next week is a new week to hopefully get back on track.
I did though, deep clean Taylor’s room while I stayed home with her, caring for her on the day she was sick. (Sorry, I would post pictures if I had my camera) I:
1. Washed all the walls, door, and trim down with hot water and a splash of vinegar.
2. Dusted all her wall pictures, shelves, figurines, her bed (her canopy really needed to be dusted bad!), and windows (took off the plastic as well).
3. Cleaned under her bed (OMG! So much lost stuff was found there!!).
4. Washed her bedding and stuff animals (since she throw up all over them the night before – ugh).
5. Re-arranged her bed, dresser, and desk. (Noted to myself, she needs a new desk and will have to keep an eye out this garage sale season. The desk she has is my old desk (back when I was in grade school!) and it is falling apart now.)
6. Vacuumed her floor then washed it with hot water and a splash of vinegar.
So… after a whole day of cleaning in her room, it turned out great. I didn’t have time or energy to tackle her toy chest. That would be another day, but the toy chest wasn’t too bad and I’m still pleased how her room turned out. =o)
OH! On Saturday (before Easter) I deep cleaned the bathroom.
1. Washed all walls, doors, windows, and trim down with hot water and a splash of vinegar.
2. Organized the closet above the towels. (This is where extra toilet paper, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and toothpaste are kept. Also the first aid kit and shaving needs are kept.) It looks pretty now with my clear totes, a basket for extra puffs, and the large light green basket I bought a while ago is for the toilet paper. Now it’s easy to see when I need to purchase more of something. For example, I only have one conditioner bottle and no shampoo (besides what’s in the shower) so will need to pick some up on my next shopping trip.
3. Dusted all the things on the wall and in my cabinet above the toilet (where I keep my bath salts, beads, and bubble bath stuff).
4. I used the scum killa on the shower and tub. And let me tell you! I haven’t had the chance to wash the shower wall and tub. (I know – terrible! It was getting nasty too! Ewww!!!!) And since I’m the only one who does it……. Umm hmm..… Anyways…. When it gets THAT bad, I would use Tilex or a strong cleaner (where I have to keep the windows open the whole time and bath fan on for an hour or two after I’m done from all the toxic fumes). Seems to be the only thing that would cut through all of the gross crap from being too busy and not cleaning it on a weekly basis as I wish I could. But I found this scum killa – a mixture of Dawn (blue) dish soap and vinegar. WAY less fumes, but did the same awesome job! I’m pleased!!! =oD
5. Washed the sink and toilet and the bathroom floor.
OH! And I FINALLY (only 4 months late….) got my 2012 folders done (and then realized I forgot a few – great!!). And I started on some filing. There is stil a slight mess where I was doing that in the living room while dancing with the stars was on Monday night. =o) Can’t miss it! This season has been great so far! So I was multitasking. Prompts to me for that! ;o)
No writing was done in the past 2 weeks which is a bummer. I need to get back in doing that. I have to figure out how to do it on a weekly basis would be stiller. We’ll see. In addition, I haven’t been to the gym this week due to being busy and sick. I feel so out of whack. Definitely need to go Monday and get back on track.
What a week! The weekend is almost here. Tonight is family night of swimming which the girls have requested. Excited for that. =o) Then Saturday and Sunday, hubby will be working at his bro’s houses so the plan is to plug away at home. Maybe finish cutting the grass, go through my closet which has been on my to-do list for like years…. like weeks. I want to go through it, get rid of clothes I don’t wear, clothes that don’t fit, and just down size. IF I got that done this weekend I would be SUPER happy and feel accomplished. And I would like to get my bedroom cupboards in order as well. Fingers crossed!
Happy Friday the 13th!!! =o)