(A short while ago I talked about what's going to happen in 24 short months from now! ***CLICK HERE*** If you need to refresh yourself. =oD Any who, the 24 month project of downsizing has begun!)
Goal #2) DO NOT BUY ANYTHING that isn't necessary for the month of February
So....... hi there. It's only been 5 days into goal #2 and I am not doing very well. =o/
First, on January 31 I found some SUPER awesome deals at JCP and spent $10 on girls for Valentines. I know originally I wasn't going to spend anything but give them my time to do whatever they wanted, nails painted, crafts, playing My Little Ponies, etc, but I broke down at the store. For Cloie, I purchased Disney Princess tennis shoes for $5 (every time we are in Payless she always ask for a pair that are around $20) and Taylor I got a cozy cream sweater for $2.50 and a grey patterned skinny jeans for $2.50. <---- Can you believe those prices?!?!?!?! EXACTLY... lol (Oh, I'm still planning on giving them my time as part of their gift.)
Also on 1/31, I picked up 4 sweaters for yours truly for $6.97 each but they were too small so when I returned them yesterday (2/4/14)...........there were a TON of clearance marked to to crazy prices! So I returned the sweaters for a $24 credit but purchased 2 huge bags full of clothes for $54. =o/
But every item I purchased was under $5 each.
I picked up 2 pairs of paints for the hubby - $2.97 EACH!!! Originally like $58! I know!!! And I picked up 2 bras for under $3 each too!!!! That's crazy too. Purchasing one bra can break your bank. I picked up 6 sweaters, 1 long sleeve shirt, 3 tees, PJ's the hubby can get me next Christmas ;o) along with a birthday gift for someone truly awesome, and an adorable pair of baby jeans for my niece. So 17 items divided by $54 is $3.17 each! <<<-- That's like Goodwill prices for NEW clothes.
And go figure, I get a $10 off $10 coupon in the mail today..........shhhhhhttt....
So I have to try harder to hold back on the extra spending, but at those prices it's hard. Hopefully, I can get back on track, stay out of stores, and stash every penny towards goal #1. =o)
Happy HUMP Day!!! Drive careful in that snow!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE hearing from you!!!!!! =o)