Thursday, January 16, 2014

1/15/14 <-- I dispise you!

Normally I don't have really bad days. There are days that have some "bad" parts but the over all the days are never terrible. Normally you can find the good parts in a day that always out weighted the few lower points.

Yesterday was the exception.

For all who are friends with my on Facebook has seen me vent in regards to  my work computer not wanting to work yesterday. Here's the full story in detail.....

Turn on the computer when I get to my desk first thing in the morning. It boots up fine and dandy. When I try to type my password into my computer, the keyboard won't work. So I trouble shoot. Check the connection of my wireless keyboard, check the batteries, and check the port on the back of the computer. Everything looked fine. Went to try to see if the keyboard decided to work which it did! But the mouse decided it wanted a turn of not working, even though less than a minute ago, it was fine. =o/

So I trouble shoot the mouse, the connection to the charger and the port on the computer. Again everything looked fine. Went to try the mouse again, but this time, BOTH the mouse and the keyboard refused to work.

Getting a little irritated, I re-boot, agian - check both connections, check to port.

Both the keyboard and mouse won't work.

Fine.

I drag out a dinosaur keyboard with a cord and a mouse with a tail. Screw technology of my wireless keyboard and mouse! Going back - 1990's style. Tried using the plugged in keyboard and mouse but they too refused to be any of use. Checked the port, tried again.

N o t h i n g...............

Getting the urge to throw computer.........a strong drink sounds reeeeaallly good right now...........

I go water the office plants, trying to cool off and pray that when I get back the computer will ask for forgiveness and work.

Nope.

Stupid ass computer! =oP

My co-worker is quietly staying away, but kindly offers me to use one of her computers.

Some of my work is portable which is great because, yes, I can do it on her computer. The other, more important accounting software I need, is strictly on the computer and can't be assessed without signing in via keyboard and using a mouse to maneuver through the software. AKA I can't do any important work I need to do right now. I can't do my W-2, I can't get the 1099's out that are due by January 31st. I can't work on year-end (aka tax season stuff), which is the super busiest time of year for me.

That's just peachy great.

I take my portable work and try to be productive on my co-worker's computer. I then vent on Facebook and with the hubby via texting every so often. He offers to smuggle wine in a brown bag for me. What a guy.

So all morning I try to stay as positive as I can. Yes, I can do some work. Maybe the ports on the back of the computer just need to be fixed - could be an easy fix. Hopefully won't take longer than a day or two.

Boss comes in by my lunch time and I let him know what's going on. He speedily calls our computer guy. While boss is on the phone with him, I turn the computer back on to show the boss my delimma. Dumbass keyboard and mouse decide to make a fool out of me and work just fine in front of him.

Co-worker's mouth is open with surprise that the computer parts are working as they should. Maybe it was the fact the boss was talking about getting new computers for himself and I.... maybe that scared them to work?

So the rest of the day the keyboard and mouse continue to work, while I wonder in the back of my mind when they are going to "jinx" me again.

On a postitive note, my sissy and bro-in-law found out they are having a baby girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! =oD Baby Ava. <3


After the girls were in bed, I drank some wine and read my book I got for Christmas until the hubby came home.

At least my day ending on a postitive note.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!!!!!! =o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My PEEPS! =o)