A short while ago I talked about what's going to happen in 24 short months from now! ***CLICK HERE*** If you need to refresh yourself. =oD
Anywho, the 24 month project of downsizing has begun!
BRING IT ON! =oD
So each month, I am planning on giving myself a goal. Breaking the big task of downsizing into to manageable pieces. The goal maybe short term (e.i. a week, or that month) or could be long term (e.i. that year, years). Either way, each month I will be taking one baby step forward to working hard on my 24 month project!
Exciting isn't it? Yes, but a LOT of HARD work is ahead of me. Can I do it? Of course! I can do anything if I put my mind and energy into it!
So.... Goal #1
#1) To have the van paid off before the end of 2014. Yup! That's right! No car payments after 2014! That's the goal! Now, the van loan isn't up by the end of the year. That would be an easy goal. I have about 2.5 years left on the van. Yup 2.5 yearS. <--- Note the "s". The plan is to make payments 4.5 TIMES the normal van payment. That's a BIG number!
Are you freaking out? Could you swing 4.5 times your normal car payment?
I bet you could IF you had to or REALLY WANTED to pay that sucker off sooner than later.
Are there things that we will have to sacrifice to get the job done? Of course. Live on a tight budget? Yup. BUT how AWESOME is it going to be not to have a regular car payment eating a good chuck of my cash flow every month?!
It's going to be FREAKING GREAT!!! I can just imagine it!
Again, this a tall order. The amount of my I have to pay off in this short time in not $5,000 or less. It's up there but after last year paying off the windows, hubby's student loan, and kitchen remodeling costs in 9 short months (all that add up to what I owe on the van) why can't I do it again?!
And I must admit, I kind had a head start on this goal. lol I couldn't wait to start on January 1, 2014. Sorry! I was super excited and started in December. lol Yes, during the Christmas season. I didn't quite make a 4.5 times van payment but pretty darn close!
Am I nuts? I know you are thinking, "This girl is NUTS! Who makes crazy payments like that? Car payments are a part of life."
WRONG! They don't have to be! =o)
I am on still currently on the Dave Ramsey baby steps #2 (paying debt off). And once, the van is paid off, I am one step closer to having hardly any bills. And the sooner I have my van paid off, the sooner I can tackle my student loans from finishing my degree. Another cash flow sucker. =oP
Refresh you why I am going crazy on my van loan and how it refers to the 24 months of downsizing.... It's simple. We are planning to build a bigger house than what we currently have. I don't want to have a bigger house payment. IF I can pay down other debt, pay off the land cost before we build, hopefully with the equity we have in our current house, we have the same house payment or close to the same house payment. Plus, with us not having the other debt, we can do a 15 year mortgage on the new house instead of the standard 30-year. Wouldn't that be extra great? =o)
So to recap my rambling. lol
Goal #1 for the 24 month project: To pay van off by the end of 2014!
Wish me luck! =o)

No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE hearing from you!!!!!! =o)