Let me just say that the laundry room at that point consisted of 2 dry wall pieces literally thrown up, nailed to a few 2x4s in my unfinished basement. Grey basement floor, 2 grey basement walls, and 1 white scuffed up drywall wall. Over my head where black pipes and duct work, not to mention cobwebs everywhere! FUN huh? Who wants to do laundry like that? I certainly didn't. LOL
So hubby got to work. He even widen the space a bit. He drywalled three walls and ceiling. I couldn't have a flat ceiling because of the duct work, but he did box that in. Also I got recessed lighting instead of the one dangling light you normally see in basements. So I now have 4 lights! =D
So by my birthday which was is March I had 80% of the laundry room done and then he went back to work and was SUPER busy. =o( But he did finish the laundry room around his birthday in June and yes I finally had time to take pictures for you! =o)
So with no further due.......... here is my new laundry room!!!!!! =D
Isn't it PRETTY?!?! =D
Full view above. =D Below is the left side.
The rug I got at Kohls on sale for $50! I was pretty pleased with that price considering it is a 5'x7' I think or is it 8'x10'?? it's one of the two. All the other rugs I've seen were around $100. Also I picked the rug first and then picked out the wall paint after.
The laundry rules sign I got from Kohls. It was on sale for $15. The cabinets above the washer & dryer was from my in-laws for FREE! BONUS! This is where I keep the spray-n-wash, extra borax, and garbage bags. Below the cabinet hubby mounted a pole we found in the closet organization section at Lowe's. This is where I hang the hangers for hubby, Taylor, and I. Hubby and I get white hangers and Taylor gets the colored ones. This way if I'm missing colored hangers I know who to blame. ;o)
Below is my pretty container of borax for those tough stains from the kids and hubby. ;o) Also I have a bowl on the countertop that holds anything I find in pockets - even money (sweet! note there is money I've found in the bowl) and any of my laundry samples I get from allyou.com.
In the drawers below the counter is where I keep the laundry soap, bleach and my fabric softener crystal things. =o) The countertop to the right of the dryer also has drawers. The top drawer is where I keep my dryer sheets. Also here is a close up of the rug.
The back wall. This is where again we picked up a pipe from the closet section at Lowe's. For all the white parts to make both hanging sections was under $20. The back wall pipe is where I hang up clothes that need to be hung up in the closets. Also to the left you can see my radio so I can jam while I sort the dry laundry. Also the white basket is for miss-matched socks. To the right of the back wall is the ironing board and iron. (Haven't had the chance to use it yet. Kinda scared to try it. I had a mishap with our old iron that I killed. =o/
This is the shot of the ceiling. NOTE: the AWESOME drywalling, mudding, taping, and sanding skills my hubby has!!! If you seen our living room ceiling that we had someone else do it, you would be impressed with the hubby. We thought that if a painter guy, who paints cars for a living, who always brags who awesome his work is, that he would be great at drywall......but if you see our living ceiling, you would swear you were on a roller coaster...lol So yeah, had to brag how awesome my laundry room walls and ceiling were. ;oD Also you can see how his boxed the duct work and pipes in. No more cobwebs! YEAH!
On to the right side! =o) Now the blue thing the hubby made. I had to wait 3 months for him to build the blue thing. Well worth the wait. On this side we have the laundry baskets that I use to sort the dry laundry, I can fold on the top of the blue thing, and to the right of the blue thing are where we sort the dirty laundry.
Here is the close of up the blue thing. We had this blue paint laying around so we used it. I think it goes well with the walls and helps pull out the blue in the rug. Each person has a basket where their clean folded cloths going into. This way, when the basket is full I can take it into the person's room and it that person's responsibility to take care of their clothes. (Note: I do help Cloie.) Then it's their job to take the empty basket downstairs and put it back in their spot. I made labels and hubby put them on with yarn we had laying around. Before the laundry makeover we had 2 baskets so we went to Target and picked up 2 more. The girls baskets are on the bottom - easy for the to help me sort clean laundry. =D
Close up of the labels I made. --->
=D
towels, bleach, lights, darks, and reds.
Just in case you really wanted to know or care. hee hee hee =D
I guess it's that time again to head downstairs and deal with some dirty laundry in my pretty room. =D

1 comment:
I think it looks great!! :) I love organization
<3 Sheryl
Post a Comment
I LOVE hearing from you!!!!!! =o)