*** That's right!!!! ~ Free printable! ***
I looked for weeks for a journal page for kids and came up blank. I wanted to have a way to know what's going on with my 8 year old daughter and to be able to communicate with her more, hopefully making our relationship stronger. It has been getting tougher with her at this age because she's whines more instead of telling me what's bothering her, or she won't tell me what's going on, and with us both being stubborn and independent, we tend to butt heads.
So I had her start this journal page and so far it's a hit! She really has taken to it. She fills it out when she wants (I'm not pushing her to do it) and in the dear mommy section, she has written things she have done, asked me questions, or told me I was so-so. ???? (Not sure how I'm was so-so.) Also I have a dear daughter section below the dear mommy where I can write notes to her, answered her questions, etc.
The sun area where she draws a face of how she felt that day is nice. If it's not a happy face, I'll ask why and she is very willing to tell me. (She can be out spoken like that.) =o)
The four water drops symbolize the four glasses of water a kid her age is suppose to have. (Like us adults suppose to have eight.) She X's each drop after she drinks a glass. This way she can try to drink more water and keep track of it, giving her the responsibility, than me harping on her.
And since she likes to draw and doodle all over her homework and class papers, she has a spot where she can draw whatever she wants. So far she has came up with some pretty cool drawings.
I hope she continues to use these journal pages to keep the communication between us open. If we are too angry to talk, hopefully we can still write our feelings down. And maybe we can look back at it when we both are older and see how our relationship has grown. =o)
<3
Feel free to use yourself! Enjoy! =o)

No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE hearing from you!!!!!! =o)