Thursday, December 5, 2013

24 month Project!

 
HOLY CRAP! 24 months! ONLY 24 months. That doesn't seem that far away anymore!!! 2 years sounds kinda far, but 24 months doesn't to me. Holy crap!
 
The current plan is in 2 years from now - 24 months from now, we should be sitting financially ready to put our house up for sale AND break ground at our property we purchased back in 2011. 23 wood acres with a pond is where our future is headed.
 
Do we have blue prints in hand, neatly tucked away? No, but we have looked at literally thousands of house (floor) plans and have come up with a list of exactly what we want. =o)
 
1. I HAVE TO HAVE A BASEMENT. No, the main reason is not for the storage. I am deathly scared of tornadoes and I need a place were I can go and freak out in safety. So this is a must on my list.
 
2. Two car garage that we can actually part the vehicles into while still keeping some of the basic garage stuff in there as well. Also the doors needs to be front facing. No more parking outside for me! That will be nice.
 
3. Hubby has demanded that the kitchen to be off the garage. Why? He's answer: "I am not dragging the groceries through the whole house." Makes sense. Never thought about it. =o)
 
4. Master on main floor if we have a 2 story house (see below for details on the "if" part).
 
5. Laundry on the main floor. No more doing laundry in the cold basement.
 
6. 2,000sqft - 2,500sq but leaning toward 2,300 as a perfect size. Don't want it too big, someone has to clean it, sigh...
 
7. At least 2 bathrooms. No one fighting and waiting for the bathroom. I mean, in 3 short years I will have a teenager on our hands! YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =o/   And the bathroom the girls use need to have 2 sinks so I don't have to listen to them fight.
 
8. Hubby has also demanded that the master is far away from girls room.  
Rear Exterior of The Peekskill - House Plan Number 780-D
9. Great room and open floor plan.
 
10. 3 bedrooms
 
 
Wish list IF it fits in our budget:
1. screened in back porch
2. 2.5 baths instead of 2
3. Fireplace
4. Metal roof
5. wrap around porch (or porch on front & one on back)
6. Office/craft room for me
 
The feel or theme we want to have for the house is a cozy cabin feel. I LOVE the look of old farm houses but liked the open floor plan of a more modern home. (Don't you just love it?! Picture hubby and I on rocking chairs on the front porch, looking out at the trees.)Default Image of The Valleygate - House Plan Number 1187
 
I never cared for the modern home look on the outside. Hubby on the other hand, likes the cabin look, logs and all. 
 
So we compromised. Since our house will back in the woods, we are the cabin feel - non-logs on the outside. 
 
Default Image of The Peekskill - House Plan Number 780-D<--LOVE! =oD (The plan is a little on the big side, ain't it beautiful?! Yup. )
 
We have spend lots of time over the past 2 years clearing the property to have a spot where our house will be. We have the driveway path in. We have even started to plant trees along the driveway. Can't wait to see it look gorgeous as they grow over the years. We have the backyard mostly cleared. Just have one little section left so we can see the pond out the back windows. =o)
 
Also we are in limbo about a ranch or 2-story. My vote is 2-story, putting the girls upstairs. It will save us less on the basement concrete and less on roofing. Also harder for the teenage girls to sneak out. ;o) Hubby wants a ranch because when we are old we won't want to go upstairs and heat raises so he feels it's lost heat cost if we had a 2-story. So this detail is currently up in the air.
 
With only 24 short months away, I am not nor willing to haul allllll our crap over to the new house after it's built. Nope, ain't doing it. Com'on, we have been in the current house since 2005. That's over 8 years so far of accumulating crap - lots of it. I plan on taking time over the next 24 months and slowly downsize. Yes, I'm going into a bigger house BUT that doesn't mean I can full it up with all this stuff that we don't need.
 
So hence, the 24 month project of downsizing! Yup. =o)
 
So in the months to come and hopefully by the end of this month I will have a plan how to do this. Once I do, I will update you. That way you can cheer me on and help give me ideas along the way! =oD
 
24 months! YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It seems so unreal at times that my long time future goal is almost here!!! =oD
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!!!!!! =o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My PEEPS! =o)