So yesterday was quite a challenging day for me. I woke up in a piss poor mood and had a headache all day long. I ate, and ate, and ate.....ALL. DAY. LONG. It was kinda sad. I couldn't fill up and I knew since I wasn't going to the gym, I was going to be way over on my calories, which all I am just trying to is break even - not gaining any weight.
So the only thing that saved my butt - literally from getting bigger yesterday from going 1,000 calories over was that I had some energy and did 2 hours of cleaning giving me an extra 476 calories. Which means if I didn't have that extra energy I would have been 1,205 calories over - gaining almost 1/2 pound in ONE DAY! YIKES! =o(
So as you can see... I ate a range of food, including 4 sugar cookies, mint candies, and truffles! Yeah, I was not in the mood to eat rabbit food all day. It was a bad day for me which meant chocolate - lots of it. AND almost had a wine cooler (which is 150 calories, fyi).
And from looking at the intake, I'm a carb lovin' gal. =oD And I like big portions as you can tell with dinner going way over 1,000 right there - in one meal...and of course my snacks were way over they are normally suppose to be.
My original goal is this:
Breakfast: 300 calories
Morning Snack: 100 calories
Lunch: 400 calories
Afternoon Snack: 150 calories
Dinner: 500 calories
A total of 1,450 calories - for a person who sits on her butt all day (aka desk job).
Now on any given day, if I get the energy and go to the gym or do lots of cleaning, I would then either 1) lose weight if I don't intake more than 1,450 calories or 2) (which I normally do) eat more!! and pray I break even.
Today......
I am doing better today and am in a better mood. My breakfast was a little higher because I did have 2 oatmeal cookies. =o) And I did have my Friday surge - my Mt. Dew as my morning & afternoon snack. =oD Well worth it to me.
As for lunch, I am eating Lentil soup - not because I like it, 'cause I honestly don't care for it (and choke it down over an hour period) BUT because it has 9g of protein a serving! That's a lot of me and with protein helping fill you up - this girl needs all the help she can get. What can I say, I have always loved to eat. =oD
Also, since today is Pizza Friday, I have to figure out how to get some cleaning/exercise in there otherwise I will being going over with my 2 slices. And tonight I have to go over to my hubby's grandma's house for cake and ice cream (it's her birthday).=o) Another reason to squeeze some cleaning/exercising in. Hopefully I can, otherwise I will be going over again, 2nd day in a row. Not good.
(If you were wondering what site I use to keep track of my food, I use myfitnesspal.com. They also have a Mobile app to for on the go.) I found if I keep a journal of EVERYTHING I ate, down to the last M&M, slice of bread, hersey kiss, peanut, etc. - it helped force me to make better choices when I saw how over I normally am. (AND did you know - to burn off 1 M&M you have to walk 100 yards? Yup a football field to burn off my tiny M&M. Depressing isn't it? It was to me.)
And after you are done with an entry, you can complete it (clicking on the green rectangle), then it nicely tells you what your weight will be (mine normally higher) if I keep eating that way you did that day over a 5 week period.
Nice reality check, huh? (beside my clothes getting tighter.) =o(
Now I'm not trying to drop some crazy number of pounds, turn into Barbie, or be a stick. All I want to is to:
1) not gain weight
2) try to loose the last 5-10lbs of baby weight I gained from my last pregnacy
3) be healthy and not lost the weight by dieting or starving myself
4) start healthy eating habits and be able to maintain them in my life style
5) love the way my body looks
I don't want to:
1) be a person who can't eat sweets, cake, cookies, chocolate
2) live on rabbit food
3) not be able to eat out
4) gain weight
5) have health issues because I didn't take care of myself
6) dislike the way my body looks because I gained unwanted weight
Feel free to join me on this crazy journey I have been doing over the past month that I decided to make public. Maybe making it public will help me stay on track better to reach my goals. =oD Maybe if you goal me, we can cheer each other on, both working towards our goal to be healthlier and happier.
HAPPY FRIDAY!


No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE hearing from you!!!!!! =o)