So I am signed up with my momma to go to FPU (Financial Peace University) starting March 21!
I am super EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I already got my book, workbook, etc and already read 2 chapters too! =oD Yeah a little excited! hee hee
What is FPU?
Why did I join FPU?
Well we pay our bills on time, we aren't up to our ears in debt but I would say chest. We have more debt than I would like. We have some wiggle room in our budget, have some money in the saving to cover a small emergency, and have great credit if we needed to get a loan at a great interest rate, but I want our finances to be better. Yeah I'm accountant and money should be right up my alley but even I have things to learn and am always open minded to learn more. To save more, to not have to worry that I'll have enough money to retire 5 years after I die. I want to be debt free! I want to have only the monthly living expenses (Consumers, gas, food) to worry about. I want no car payments, no student loan payments, and to pay my house off early. I want to be able to walk into a store and pay cash for things, big things like a new couch or be able to pay for a vacation without working my tail off after it to pay for it. I want that all that. =o)
Besides all that, this rings SO true......
Ain't that the truth? How else would your kids learn to handle money? I want my girls to be responsible with their money and learn "the value of a dollar." I don't want them living in "my basement" rent free at the age of 25 nor do I want them to come to me at 25 telling me they have $17,000 in credit debt with nothing to show for it. I don't want to have to worry when they do leave the nest that they don't have the skills to handle their money. I want them to be better than me. I want to to start a IRA or a 401K at the age of 20 and if they only put in $100 per month into it earning 12% by the time they are 60 they would be a millionaire. I want that for them. And the only way they will have the desire to save is by watching me save and pay my bills down so when they are adults it becomes second nature. Not taking loans out or using a credit card.So I am excited for all the new things I will be learning plan on using in my own finances. =oD And I know it's going to be a tough journey but it will be well worth it. Just like working out sucks and is tough and in many cases I have to drag my sorry but the gym but the end result of people asking me if I lost weight in the scale tells me I haven't drives me to continue. I want to be healthy, not only for me but for my family so I have suck it up, put my big girl panties on and go to the gym to be tired and sore after. Same with joining FPU and following through what Dave Ramsey will teach me about money. It's going to suck, and I'm just going to have to drag my broke butt through it to the light at the end of the tunnel which will less stressful, and debt FREE! =o)
How many times have we done this???? (below) I know I have in the past.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE hearing from you!!!!!! =o)