Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Life Walk

Well Hi there! Long time no talk. lol

Yeah.....life has been CRAZY!

Anywhoo...... =o)

In the beginning of June a nonprofit organization called Pregnancy Resource Center (formally known as Crisis Pregnancy) had a Life Walk to raise money for the organization.


(For more info about this awesome organization click HERE and their facebook link to keep up todate click HERE)


This organization is very near and dear to my heart because we I was pregnant with my oldest daughter a decade ago, they were there for me. They had classes to help you through the pregnancy process (what your body goes through), helps you prepare for the birth and after with taking care of your new born. Also with going through the classes, you earn "dollars" to then use to "buy" diapers, formula, blankets, bottles, furniture, etc. This came in handily repeatedly when I didn't have money to buy diapers or when I ran out of formula and again didn't have money to buy more. They were a real lifesaver during that time. I was working two jobs, living on ramen noddles, trying my best as a single mom to keep a roof over my and my baby's head. Without them, I honestly don't know what I would have done.

So now that I'm a lot better off than what I was ten years ago, I donate items whenever I can and I strongly wanted to participate this their Life Walk.  I raised $80 thanks to my wonderful family and friends who donated. =o) Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!

So my mom, hubby, the girls, and I went to the Life Walk and had a wonderful time!

First they had a concert. =D


Cloie dancing!

Then we walked two laps. I was so proud of the girls for doing it. =oD After we were done walking, we got the chance to light our very own lantern. =D

Waiting for it to heat up.

Setting it free!


 
What a great experience and can't wait to do it again next year!!!!!!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!!!!!! =o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My PEEPS! =o)