So for about a month or so my now 3 year-old has been using her new favorite word - Stupid.
It all started driving home and I was driving. Dont' remember what we were talking about but Cloie blurted out, "Stupid mom."
I was shocked! We don't use the word Stupid in our house. It is a bad word in our house. Mike quickly asked her to repeat what she said and after she repeated what we thought she said, he then asked, "Did you say stupid mom?" She stated, "Yup."
After confirming what we thought she said, he firmly scolded her that we don't say that word and that it wasn't a nice word.
Well fast forward and I was in the kitchen cooking dinner and Cloie was trying to take care of her hat. She was getting frustrated with it and comment came out so fluidly, "Stupid hat!" I spun around when down to her and in a sturn voice told her we don't say those bad things in our house. She instantly became to tear up and hugged me saying, "I'm sorry momma!" So I left it as that.
Fast forward again to this past Monday night. After dropping Taylor off to her Church Classes, Cloie asked if she could play with her My Little Ponies. I told her yes and went into her room to help her open the container's lid when I saw that she just left her coat on the floor. When I asked her if that was were her coat belong she quickly answered, no, smiled, ran over to it, picked it up, and went to her closet to put it away. When she went to put the coat where it belong, it fell unto the floor. The wonderful comment again came out of her mouth, oh so naturally, "Stupid coat!" Picked it up, and again put it where it belonged. Again, I was sturn with her. Again I repeated why we don't talk that way. And this time, being that it was her 3rd offense, had a time out.
Then last night the hubby and I were doing dishes and were talking about random things when I hear the hubby say Cloie's new favorite word. I faced him and pointed, "YOU! That's where she got that bad word from! YOU!" ;O)
Go Figure. Men..... lol
Okay, I know Stupid isn't as bad as other words with less letters in them. BUT if we can't get the word Stupid under control then I can kiss the other ones good bye. It is kind of funny that when Cloie used the word in the car, Taylor's mouth dropped wide open. She even whispered, "All! That's a bad word."
So I have a kid with a potty mouth. Nice. {{eyes rolling}}
2 comments:
I don't believe it. Not Cloie?!?! She's an angel! ;-)
She got her halo from me and her horns from her dad. ;O) and right now her horns are showing. lol
Post a Comment
I LOVE hearing from you!!!!!! =o)