I have come to the conclusion that being a woman sucks. Sure we can have multiple organisms, can create new life without thinking, and juggle work & home with ease (well looking like it anyways...)
But we also got the short end of the stick when it came to other things. We have to deal with Mother Nature's joke every freakin' month.....and all the wonderful things to go with it - the bloating, the eating as if our stomachs have a hole in them, the cramps, the hormonal mood swings, the fatigue, lack of wanting to "preform" in the bedroom, and the overall feeling like shit and the ugliest woman alive. AND that doesn't even touch the fact of what we really have to deal with...um...down there.....for a week. UGH! Won't go into THAT..... You're welcome.
ANYWAYS....so after having 2 crappy weeks a month, it only leaves us 2 weeks to somewhat feel like ourselves. (I can't want for menopause to not have to deal with that crap anymore. Bring on the hot flashes! This cold girl wants them!)
Then of course there is the business of not only being able to create life - which don't get me wrong, it is an awesome wonderful thing! I love my kids to death...... just...not so much what they did to my body, during and after......the whole miracle of me making them all by myself. (patting myself on the back)
I loved being pregnant - most of the time. I was never alone and didn't look like a psycho taking to myself. Oh how I loved the 9 months of no Mother Nature - oh it was awesome! Almost the best part, of course my child being born was 1st but that came a close 2nd. But there was the peeing every 1-2 hours around. the. clock...... and the baby always wanting to kick the bladder, rest it's heavy head on my hip bones giving me pain every time I moved my legs, or punching my ribs. Also my belly scared the hubby thinking I had an alien in itwhen my belly moved on it's own.
I can't forget about the kankles. It got to the point where the hubby wouldn't even look at my feet or ankles (or rather the "mass" of fat skin that was were my ankles use to be). They retained so much water. The midwife told me to stay off my feet and I tried the best I could. I had a desk job at work and propped my feet up whenever I could and I was going to school at night, so again, I was sitting but they still got HUGE. The hubby would cover them with pillows and blankets because he told me that they were so ugly and he would loose his appetite if he looked at them.
Oh can't forget the fact that with each pregnancy I gained well over 50 lbs.....yeah...... and after the second, I had to nearly kill myself 3 - 4 times a week at the gym to finally loose 40 lbs in a 24 month time period. IT SUCKS!
STILL SUCKS!
I was naturally thin. It was wonderful. Could eat whatever I wanted, go to the buffet and not only for 2nd's but 3rd's and not gain a single pound. I wore I size 3 up until I got pregnant at 22. I even had a flat tummy and didn't have to lift a finger for it. (Oh the good life back then.)
Now I have to continue to kill myself at the gym on a weekly basis, count calories, say no to sweets, and drink water with only the occasional Mt. Dew as a treat. Yup, all thanks to my kids (and maybe getting old but I'm not focusing on that at the moment). ;o) And I will never have my flat tummy no matter if I do 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 seat ups a day. All thanks to my kids bunking in my belly. I would get a tummy tuck to fix that issue, but my kids need food, clothes, soon cars, college, help with their wedding, etc. Maybe in heaven I can ask God for my flat tummy back. And we aren't even going into stretch marks........that I got AFTER they were born! WTF again!! Yeah I KNOW! I do good all through the pregnancy to get them after. Lucky me.........{rolling eyes}
Anyways....
Then there's the grey hair I found on my head only months after having my oldest daughter. AT THE YOUNG AGE OF 23!!! WTF?!?!?! So YES kids give you grey hair. I believe it.
Again, I love my kids to death and if I could go back and change things I wouldn't. I would have both of them over again. They bring so much joy, fun, headache, grey hair, and weight gain into my life - but those two are worth it to the moon and back... and then again. {teary eyes...sorry I'm a woman..................ugh another thing}
Yeah, yeah, yeah....so women can do way more awesome stuff than men, but come on!
I get it, God knew men wouldn't be able to take THE SERIOUS PAIN it takes to push a bowling ball out of a small hole. They are wimps with soft
(NOTE: I will not going into all the other things women do than men while they sit on their butt... That would have to be a whole different post for maybe a different day.) ;oD
Thanks for listening to me vent about womanly sucky stuff. I know if you are a woman, you get it. Amen to that sista! {{{throwing ridiculous random gang signs in the air like a retard white
The countdown to end next week being over has already began........yeah me......
No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE hearing from you!!!!!! =o)