Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!


I just LOVE this time of year and holiday! Not just because our house will have an abundance of chocolate for my eating from my kids trick or treating, but the wonderful decorations and the "slowing down" fall offers. Normally summer is full of cramming in a 100 things in each and every weekend; whereas, fall normally isn't quite as busy and has its random lazy weekends of just soaking up the cool breeze and hot apple cider.
Unforunately, my fall hasn't slowed down like it's suppose to. My weekends are crammed to the max still and when I briefly peek at the next weekend's plans hopeing to see nothing but lazy times with the family, I see plan after plan - disappointed. I feel rushed and slightly jipped. Instead of carving pumpkins on a weekend evening/night, it was crammed in on a school night before baths. So instead of taking hours of carving pumpkins, having fun, listening to Pandora childern's halloween music; it was hurry up and get-er done so we just have enough time to "hose" the kids down and ship the off to bed, while mom cleans up the mess by herself.  Booo.....
Another thing rushed is leaves. Normally raking leaves in piles for the kids to run through would be on my to-do list. But since we have helpped out some family members with their leaves, honestly, I'm sick of leaves and so are the girls (from helpping). So when I look at my lawn covered in a thick blanket of leaves, I just close my eyes and wish the wind would blow them away because I just can't seem to find the time to not only rack them but the mulch them up with a lawn mower. No time at all.....
It mades me sad that I don't seem to have enough time to do the daily stuff but also the fun seasonal stuff fall has to offer - the fun stuff I look forward to.
Time is certainnly NOT on my side this year. Now that Taylor is in 2nd grade, she has a never ending homework list full with projects, meeting I have to go to, and parties to help out. Along with her school load, she goes to church monday nights for what I call "sunday school" so mondays are crazy now until next summer. And as if that wasn't enough - it's deer season now which my husband takes seriously and every chance he gets to go out, he does. I try not to complain right now because I know it's only a few months out of the year he gets to enjoy his "hobby" and it makes him happy. I try to enjoy my "single mom" time with the girls but can't help it sometimes the demand of working outside the home and trying to keep the home a place that isn't of mass distruction is extremely hard when 4 people mess it up and only 1 & 1/2 (1/2 being the girls) is cleaning it. It's an up hill battle that gets old very fast. SO... there's that as well.
I feel like every step I take, I get pushed back two and with that feeling, I believe, has taken a little bit out of me. Normally I'm in my heaven with fall and halloween and this year I'm into the season but not my full 110%. I have worked hard to be 85% and that saddens me a little. It's like someone who loves Christmas and getting no snow. What's a Christmas in Michigan without it being a White Christmas. You feel kinda jipped, cheated out, sold short - so to speak and that's how I feel about fall and the lack of time I seem to have.
I know fall is already a really short season in Michigan and seems winter comes too fast after summer and the fact that I feel like it's literally flying past me is sad. Now, I have tried VERY hard to not focus on this sadding point and just try to totally enjoy what I have but it's hard - really hard.
Think positive, think positive....... well.....
I am thankful I have a 90% healthy family (the three of them are coming off some kind of bug), that I have a warm roof over my head, my husband and I have jobs that pays the bills, food to eat, and friends and family to be there in times of need.
Just wish I could have time stop or at least be able to buy some.... either way, more time to enjoy this wonderful season and holiday would just make me one happy woman! =o)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!!!!!! =o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My PEEPS! =o)