10 Things I LOVE about my husband!!
1. He is my opposite and balances me out. I am a home-body and he hates staying at home for long periods of times and always likes going places.
2. He is fearless and I worry about EVERYTHING! When we went to Jackson Hole, Wyoming for our honeymoon, we were driving up a snowy mountain, in BEAR country, with a huge snow storm coming in the rental car at dusk! Did I mention that our cell phones didn't work up there?!?!? I was so worried about getting stuck, staying in the car - freezing, and maybe having the car damaged by a bear or something worse! He had the biggest smile on his face saying it's fine and kept going HIGHER hoping to see some elk!! .....yeah....
3. I have very little to NO common sense on matters (I have book smarts though!!!!) but HE has the common sense to keep me on track.
4. For the most part I like things clean and organized and well he......doesn't really care. Don't know if this is a man thing or not....but.... we have a first aid kit in the bathroom (a clear tote) that have band aids, etc. Every time I open to get a band aid, I find TONS of band aid wrappers thrown in there! Really??!?! Can't take the 30 seconds to through the wrappers in the trash? In general, he's cleaning is pushing everything into a drawer or some place so the place "looks" clean but is it really? Not to my standard - which I know at times can be fairly high...but I just want a clean house to live in and don't mind doing some things myself to ensure they are done "right." BUT ALL IN ALL, there are times he does clean my way and it melts my heart because I know it's not nature for him to do so.
5. He is polish too. I am VERY polish and clumpy which I call my "polish grace" and unfortunately have pasted on to my girls. lol BUT there is that rare occasion that his polish shines through a little that makes me smile.
6. The man can cook!! Not only can he cook BUT from scratch too!!!!! YES! I HATE to cook for the most part. Sometimes when I am in the mood I don't mind it and I like to bake (apple pies, birthday cakes, etc) but in general - no. His grandma and mom has taught him well! (Thank you!!) ;O)
7. He's the fun parent. Now, normally this would bother me, making me the serious parent who not only has to keep the girls in line but many times him as well. He's the one that would give the girls sugar packets to eat while waiting for dinner at restaurants or will carry Cloie (almost 2) in the laundry basket down the stairs. I do like the fact that is his the "fun" parent because I know my girls get to experience a variety of things because of it - they will understand the importance of using manners in public, being serious when the time calls for it, and then also how to have fun in the simplest of situations thanks to him.
8. He loves to hunt. I want a guy who has hobbies and interests and doesn't expect me to "entertain" him all the time. So the man likes to kill Bambi - not that I like the whole killing part BUT it's a hobby. Also it is a "fairly" inexpressive one, I guess (eyes rolling) and get "free" (SO NOT FREE) meat out of it.... but it's limited too, in the fact that it's only 3 months out of the year... well 4 if you count practice time. So four months out of the year, I turn into a single mom while he has deer on the brain. Not bad when I think about other hobbies he could have gotten into that are year round. And with him having this hobby, he understands I need MY time for my hobbies of scrap booking, gardening, and Zumba-ing so it's a win-win all the way around.
9. He gets me (most of the time) or at least tries to. Certain things are important to me and he knows it. For example I like a clean house, epesically when company is over. So when he knows someone is dropping by, he'll give me a call, giving me a few minutes to frantically run around the house, doing his cleaning, so I'm more confortable when my company is there, instead of worring about what they are thinking of my house.
10. He loves me for ME! He doesn't tell me I need to lose a few pounds or that I should do more around the house, or that I take too many pictures, or that I don't eat enough meat, etc. He loves me for me and doesn't want me to change BUT if I want to change myself, he is right there cheering me on.
"A happy wife makes a happy life." ~ My Husband (I like his thinking.... lol)



No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE hearing from you!!!!!! =o)