With two girls in school now, mornings were going to be a bit crazy. To try to calm the mornings as much as possible, my goal was to do as much planning the night before as possible. Hence laying out what the girls were going to wear was going to save precious time.
I wanted to help them label what outfit they are going to wear when. Also planning a week's of outfits was smart because on certain days they had gym which meant Cloie couldn't plan to wear a dress and her princess shoes that day wasn't going to work; but, she could wear that outfit a different day.
Sure I could buy custom weekly clothes divider/labels that ranged from $9+ (from my online research) which wasn't bad and wouldn't break the bank but I wanted to girls to be a little more involved in their organzing.
The solution?
Create our own Weekly Clothes Labels.
Supplies:
* Cardboard/ Card stock (Got mine free!)
* Fun colorful scrap paper (Free from what I had)
* Scissors
* Ruler
* Pencil
* Glue sticks or Spray Glue (I purchased large spray glue cost me $5 with 40% off coupon & can use for a lot of future projects.)
* X-acto knife
* Optional - Gatorade bottle cap to trace hole (but you can free hand them too if you want)
1. My cardboard was 8.5" x 11". I turned it so it was landscape style. Then I marked it 3.5" and traced a line down so the final measurements of the clothes label was 3.5" x 8.5". (I could fit 3 labels per sheet of cardboard.) Then I marked 1.5" down from the top of the label and then used that mark and placed the top of the Gatorade bottle cap on it so when I was done tracing the cap, the top of the hole was 1.5" from the top of the label. Makes sense? I cut out the circle with the x-acto knife (with a piece of cardboard under to protect the table) then passed it to Taylor to cut out out the label.
2. The girls picked out 5 different patterned paper they liked. One the backside of each paper I traced the 3.5 x 8.5" measurements so it would cover the front of each label. They then cut each one out and put them in the order, Monday on top and Friday on bottom.
3. Then it was time for me to spray the glue onto the cardboard and place the paper on top of it. Note: the spray glue smells (fumes) so I suggest keeping the kids away and doing it in a vented area. (Had kitchen windows open and kids were playing in their rooms until I was done.)
4. Cut out the circle out with x-acto knife (I did from the backside). Next I labeled each one with a sharpie. I did the first letter of each day. Cloie's I also wrote numbers on the back (1 for M, 2 for T, etc) until she learns her days of the week better.
The girls were pleased on how they turned out and couldn't wait to use them! =oD
(Sorry this picture was a little bury.)
Another thing about the labels that I didn't get the chance to take a picture of was the girls also began clipping their hair-bows onto the label that went with each outfit. =o)
So I think the project was a success! I spent hardly anything to make the weekly clothes labels, spent quality time crafting with my girls, and saved time in the mornings.


No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE hearing from you!!!!!! =o)