Have you noticed that the last pretty planner post was on May 23rd? (HERE) I'm a few weeks behind on posting them. No, I didn't forget; there is a reason.
My Confession: I haven't posted the past few weeks (going on 3 at the moment) of my planner because they aren't pretty. =o/
The past few weeks have been crazzzzzy. The weather has finally came around and we have had some beautiful sunny 70-80 degree weather days so every chance I have had, I have been working on yard work, flowers, getting the outside cleaned up, etc. Also, school has been coming to an end, and work has picked up with the nice weather. Busy, busy busy.
And my pretty planner has suffered for this. And it really isn't just the prettiness that has suffered. I haven't been as good as logging in my activity, appointments, etc. I have felt lost, forgetting things because I am not looking at it multiple times a day.
Normally my planner will sit open at my work desk or on the kitchen counter at home. During the past few weeks, this hasn't happened. I normally do a month's worth of pages at a time when I get some free time or with my girls. That hasn't happened either. I ran out of pretty pages and haven't had the chance to do more.
The blank pages look so sad, dull, and un-useful. My desire to use these plain pages is low to nonexistent. Not very good for a person who wants to have a planner to stay organized and on top of my busy family. I mean, I'm responsible to remind the hubby when his dentist appointment is.
So with this lack of energy to maintain and prettify my planner, plus with having no time for it has put a damper on things. I need to refocus and get back on track. Back to my pretty planner pages, back to being more organized and knowing what's going on.
When I'm out of whack, things aren't flowing, I "drop the ball" on things I won't have if I was on my "A-game".
The planner keeps me where I need to be. The planner keeps things in order (especially now I have a purse that it fits inside), and makes me feel happier.
I remember the feeling when the planner was used daily, when it was fun to look at it, to plan a week. I want that feeling back. It was a nice calming feeling, knowing that you have things under control, things aren't running a muck. You knew who was coming, going - and where, along with when!
I need to get my act together and create some pretty planner pages. Even the process of making the pretty planner with stickers, little pieces of paper I have collected over time - makes me happy and I truly enjoy it. I enjoy creating things such as scrap-booking, stories, collages, pretty planner pages, schedules, etc. To me, that is a wonderful place to be.I need to do this ----------------------------------->
That right there. Yup I do. Making time for yourself isn't selfish, but the very opposite - IMPORTANT.
For me, "Me Time" is very important. It balances me out, makes me feel whole, makes me calmer, happier, and able to handle the daily stress of life easier. It makes me a better person, mother, wife, friend.
Time to put a smile on my face and get my bootie back on the Pretty Planner bandwagon.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE hearing from you!!!!!! =o)