Monday, May 5, 2014

Cheap Chick's Corner - SCORE!


If you haven't read in a previous post HERE, I have been having an eye on this SUPER CUTE shirt (and by an eye on it means stalking that poor thing) for a few weeks. lol I got the chance over the past weekend to head over the JC Penneys. I marched on over to the woman's department to the rack where I first spotted the cute thing.........BUT it wasn't there!!!!!! =o(

I was soooo bummed. <----- putting it lightly. I think my heart was broke in two. Okay, maybe I'm being a little dramatic but still, I was sad, bummed, crushed, etc. =o(

I waited too long (3 three weeks, I think) and missed my opportunity to buy the shirt I was so hoping to walk out with that day. The shirt I was planning to wear the next day at work. A shirt I didn't really need but wanted badly.

Yeah, I could still buy it online and could have it shipped to the store to save on shipping costs. And it was on sale for $19.99 online, $5 cheaper than when I first spotted it. But I would have to wait even longer. (Can you tell I was having patience issues at the moment?)

Maybe I just wasn't meant to have it. ='o(  (Sniff sniff.)

The family who was with me began to look for it, rack by rack - just in case. My girls remembered what it looked like and was going through the whole department. Even the hubby was trying to find a shirt he never seen before.

Right as I gave up all hope for my cute top..............

wait for it......

wait for it......

wait for it......

.......Then the skies opened, gold rays shown down and the angels - or was it birds sang throughout the store? My face lit up like the fourth of July (corny saying I know but you know what I mean, right? lol) Anyways........sided track.........there on a completely different full rack, in the mist of randomed missed matched shirts, the birds sang directly to me loud and clear! A needle in a haystack! ONE SHIRT WAS LEFT!!! ='oD <--- Tears of joy!

I prayed it was a medium, or better yet, a small. Please don't be a large. Please don't be an extra large.....pllllleeeaaassseeeeee. I held my breathe as I lifted it from the rack, bite my lip, and looked at the size.

A medium! Yessss! It would be a tad big, but I could still wear it! And if I got bold, maybe, just maybe, get it tailored to have it a tad more fitted. =oD I was partially doing perfect backwards flips in the store. Okay, maybe it would have been more like one weird looking somersault forward where I would probably have banged my butt into a rack, making a mess, looking like a total idiot.

In my head, I was an Olympic gymnastic doing perfect flippy things!! =oD

The rack I found it on said 50% off! That made the sale price $16.99!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't find a price checker scanner thing. So I went to check out, asking first if he could check the price. That the rack said it was 50% off.

The shirt didn't ring up 50% off but the VERY NICE gentleman said he could correct it for me! YEAH! =o)

TIP: It never hurts to check the price before you are ready to buy. It gives you the one chance to decide if you still want it and not. Don't buy something that you feel pressured to buy. 99% of the time it's never worth it and you will regret the purchase.

Then I proudly handed him my $10 of $10 coupon. =oD


So.......drum roll please!



I PAID $6.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (okay, $7.41 with tax. lol) SCORE!!!!!

Let's just say, I was SUPER PLEASED AND HAPPY!!!!!

So I am rocking this awesome bird shirt today! AND guess who scored another $10 off $10???? THIS AWESOME GIRL!!!!!!!!!  =oD  hee hee hee



Hope everyone is finding good deals out there and being thrifty! =o)











No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!!!!!! =o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My PEEPS! =o)