Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Cheap Chick's Corner




LOVE THIS TOP!!!!!  Liz Claiborne Sleeveless Henley Print Top  (size small)Last week I was shopping and found this super cute shirt! (Picture of it is to the right. Isn't it cute? If you can't tell, it's has little blue and green birdies on it.) I tried it on and didn't want to take it off. lol It was regular $34 on sale for $25. For some reason I couldn't choke down that price, no matter how much I loved the shirt. Couldn't do it.

Then guess what came in the mail yesterday?!?!?!?! =oD

A $10 off $10 coupon!!!!!! Sooooooooooooooooooo that would bring the price down to $15 + tax. That's a better price, a price I can almost justify the shirt. I'm cheap, I know. lol =o)  I'm secretly hoping that the next chance I make it to the store to use my coupon, the sale price will be even lower than before, making my end price even awesome-er! =o)

TIP: More times than not, it literally pays to wait. (I'm trying to be patient.) ;o)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, last Friday I was going to go to the gym on my lunch but forgot my gym shoes. Boo.... Anyways... I thought I would mall walk in my flats, still trying to get some exercise in. Well I didn't do very well. Only made it around once. Not because I was out of breath, but because there was something going on that caught my eye.

In the middle of the mall was a book sale for some organization to raise money. So I peeked around in the children's books. My kids love books.

I found a book for Cloie of one of her current favorite movies, Alpha & Omega for $.075 (regular $4). She can't read it yet but it's a book I, the hubby, or Taylor can read to her. She also enjoys looking at the pictures that follow the movie.

For Taylor, I found many books she would have a great time reading. For her, I went through and picked out books that were at her reading level (Level 4.0-5.0. She currently is reading at 4.8). There was:

* a hardcover I picked up for $2 (regular $13)
* 2 books for $0.75 each (regular $7 each)
*1 book for $1 (regular $6)
* 1 book for $0.50 (regular $4)

I spent a whole $5.75 for all 6 books instead of $45!

TOTAL saving for all the books that were like-new condition: $35.25! =oD

TIP: You never know when you may stumble on a great deal. Keep a look out. Also, keep a mental note of prices of items you normally would buy so you can easily compare it to the "sale" price in your head before you make your purchase, ensuring you have scored a great deal.

I thought when I purchased the books, I could save them for Christmas or birthday gifts (which is what I normally do all year round) but when I got home that night, Taylor earned her 10th check on her chart. Once she earns 10, she gets paid her allowance of $6. (It use to be $5 but after her 10th birthday, she debated that since she was older, she should get a raise.) ;o)

So instead of paying Taylor her $6, I showed her the books I just purchased and asked her if she wanted the books. Her eyes lit right up! One of the books was like the diary of a wimpy kid but with a girl, she told me. (Bonus points for me for picking that book!!!! hee hee hee)

So instead of paying Taylor $6 she had earned, I gave her the books that I spent $5 for and paid her the $1 difference. Win - win!

Needless to say, Taylor had the diary book read by Sunday! =oD








No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!!!!!! =o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My PEEPS! =o)