Thursday, October 10, 2013

October Random~ness

HOLY COW!

October may be my busiest month yet this year! Lots going on and I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

Let's see.....

Well a week ago, Monday, I got the call or post on fb, honestly don't remember how I found out but I found out that my cousin was in the hospital and it was VERY SERIOUS, scary SERIOUS....in a coma SERIOUS. I'm not going to go into details but it was scary. I left work early and raced over to the hospital. It was very sad to see her that ill and in the condition she was in. My heart hurt so bad and I didn't couldn't face all the "what ifs" that wanted to race through my head if...........things didn't go well for her.

So every day that week, I went to the hospital on my lunch to visit her. She wouldn't remember me being there because she was very ill and in a coma/ sedation state. But I went every day on my lunch praying for better news, something to show she had slightly improved. Some days she did, other's she took "two steps back".  It was and STILL is very emotionally stressful for me. As I write this, she is still in the hospital bed with a loooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng road ahead of her. A long hard painful road ahead of her.

I pray every day for her. My family prays every day for her. I ask you to pray every day for her. The picture below is what I saw as I pulled out of my parking spot at work before heading to the hospital. It was a break in the rain we received that day. I couldn't help but enjoy the moment. I needed that small break in the whirl wind of craziness.

 
 So while dealing with a loved one in the hospital, I had to keep up with the girls, making sure their homework was done, trying to keep up with the housework in the few hours after work that I had available. Which by the way - not enough. But what can you do? I can't make additional time up and I can't quit my job or cut my hours down to like 3 days a week and keep getting paid, in turn, to pay my bills. Gotta pay bills and pay them on time. Yup, that's how I roll. =o) Anyways..... been under quite a bit of stress this past week so I kicked back a few nights with some Bare Foot. ;o)  (And yes, by the time on the clock on the oven, it was after 9pm and the girls were in bed.)

So even though my life felt like it was upside down and time no where to be found to get all the things I wanted done, I tried to take time to enjoy the little moments in life. For example, at my house I established Friday Pizza and Movie night. I do NOT cook on Fridays. Nope. I need a day off from cooking so I either pick up a hot and ready or pull out a frozen pizza from the freezer and let the oven cook it will I unwind from the busy week.
So this past Friday Cloie picked out 3 Disney Princess Movies and "The fox & the child" movie. Taylor choose to watch the Fox movie first. Taylor chilled on the floor with Jr while Cloie chilled with me in the rocking chair. =oD


And then on Saturday we went to The Wild Pumpkin with a friend of mine and her family. I have pictures but have to find my do-hicky thing I use to upload my pictures off my camera memory card. Darn thing is lost. Ugh! So had tons of fun there and then my friend's chickens entertained my girls for quite a while - and the hubby too. He have fun with chickens too.

After all that fun, we headed to visit hubby's side of the family at a campground where the kids were able to go Trick or Treating. So we had hot dogs and other good food. The kids changed into their costumes to get a jump start on stocking up on Halloween candy for hubby and I to sneak to work. ;o) Cloie chose to be a ladybug. =o)


My girls. <3


Taylor is being a 50's girl. =o)

Cloie with her cousin Sophie. =o)

So so busy crazy few weeks for me.......

Week 3 of pretty planner done! Not as filled as I would have liked but, with everything going on, I'm okay with it. Hoping next week will be a little bit prettier.
 


And with all that going on, I have something to look forward to. This Sunday will be my 6 year anniversary. I can't believe I have been with the hubby for 9 years - almost a decade and married for 6! Doesn't seem that long but apparently it is. lol Yeah, our relationship & marriage isn't perfect. We have had our share of ups and downs, fights, hardships, struggles, also with joyous moments sprinkled in there. Two kids later, a house, additional property, a few cars, two cats, a couple dogs, family member issues - through all that, I'm glad I didn't go through it alone. I'm glad he is my best friend through it all.

So cheers to us! Cheers to the crazy journey. And no, he don't make it easy. =oP lol What fun would be in that, right? Cheers to many more fights, fun times, and all the other things life brings our way. We got this. <3

Love you lots hubby!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!!!!!! =o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My PEEPS! =o)