Saturday, July 5, 2014

4 of 24 Progress Report #2



So, I have been working my 24 month project and #4 was really a hard one for me to do. Not hard as in difficult, but hard as in getting time and energy to do it. (Goal #4: Sort through my closet and downsize.

As a reminder, my closet looked like this..... (sigh...) Not the prettiest and certainly not the organized. The issue was I facing as the days ticked away was my closet was stuffed full and yet I had lots of clean clothes that needed to be placed in here....but where?

In addition to having too many clothes, I would stand in front and stare at them, having no idea what to wear, having issues on finding things to wear. Ever had the feeling? Lastly, I still had so many winter clothes that it was just way too hot to wear, they needed to come out to free up some needed space.

So I finally got my act together and tackled my closet one day when I had a good chuck of time to myself. (Not to mention, I was in the mood to do some serious organizing.) =o)

So first thing, first. I had to get all my clothes out of the closet. I didn't take out the hubby's clothes. Just mine. I was the one who was having issues and my clothes were being to be placed on his side, just so they would fit in the closet.

That's a lot of clothes isn't it? =o/

Next it was time to make 2 categories. Box to the left was for donating. Purple and blue totes were winter clothes that needed to be stored downstairs.

I did take the dreaded wire hangers I HATE that are always getting tangled on the hubby's side. =o/

After that, I vacuumed the dust bunnies and organized all the xmas gifts into the black & white bag for easy hiding. ;o)

Then it was time to go through my clothes. Items that were too small or too tight got donated. I organized my skirts & pants on the bottom while tanks, sleeveless, short sleeve, and a few long sleeve shirts went on the top shelf. ALL hangs are placed backwards in hopes to see if there are any items that don't get wore in the next few months. If they are, they will be getting donated by fall.

In between my clothes and the hubby's, I have placed a blue basket for my swimwear and folded my jeans nicely.


Below the jeans I have my bras in a nice whiker basket and a white basket to hold extra tanks, saving room on the shirts shelf. In the two white bins below the baskets I have the following:
Left: nice t-shirts & under garments
Right: cardigans & more nice t-shirts
I guess I should but the t-shirt drawers in the same bin. lol =o)

After I was done, I had the donating box over flowing and the hubby nicely put the winter totes downstairs.

Do you have the same issue I had - an overflowing closet where my clothes were multiplying without me knowing, yet had nothing to wear?

What did you do to combat this?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!!!!!! =o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My PEEPS! =o)