Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Say What?!

I am not that funny. I mean I have my moments; but, in general, I'm not that funny.

Now, my hubby is very funny! My daughter, Taylor, can be very funny as well. And my youngest daughter, Cloie, well she also got the gift of being funny.

Over the past weekend, the family cut a friend's grass, picked up some chemicals for the pool, and then headed over to the mall to use some very valuable Victoria Secret coupons. Who don't like free panties?!?! This girl loves free cute panties! =oD

Anyways, I picked out my free panties and headed to the register to check out. Hubby took the girls to the makeup area where Taylor knew not to let dad put makeup on her. Let's say, she's been there, done that. She learned you end up looking like a clown ready to head to the fair.

Well Cloie, not knowing this, agreed to have daddy put makeup on her and Taylor was super excited to watch.

I checked out and meet them at the makeup area.  Cloie wanted to look in the mirror to see how well daddy did.

Mind you, she had deep purple eye shadow all the way up to her eyebrows and magenta pink shadow streaked under her eyes like a football player. Exactly like the picture below.

Terriers & Tiaras newest contestant: Russell














Let's say she wasn't happy about how daddy makeup skills as she looked in the mirror but the little trooper didn't cry or shed one tear.

She simply stated sadly, "I look like a mean gurl."

I quickly replied, "No honey, you don't." I ook a tissue from my purse full of everything one would ever need and wiped off the pink eye shadow, leaving only a little bit of glitter. I then said, "Princesses in Disney wear their makeup like this."

I could tell by the unchanged look she had on her face that she wasn't convinced.

Again, she stated sadly, "Mean gurls look like this."

I failed as a mother.




(FYI: She gets her source of information about makeup from her recent favorite movie The Littlest Petshop where the main character, Blythe, moves to a new city and the official "Mean Girls" of the school pick on her. The Mean Girls, Whittany & Brittany - the Biskit twins, wear quite a bit of eye makeup but have super stylist clothes.)


So, Cloie has concluded that:
lots of eye makeup = Mean Gurl.

Whittany and Brittany Biskit















These are the "Mean Girls" with all their Mean Girl eye makeup on.

So I quietly pointed out that the other women in the Victoria Secret store where not mean girls just because they have eye makeup on. They could very well have been mean girls in high school - but the task at hand. I needed cloie to conclude that if you wear eye makeup, you are not chalked off as a mean girl.

Well........when we walked out of the store, Cloie still wasn't convinced one could wear eye makeup and not be a mean girl.

So please, if you wear eye makeup around Cloie, she might call you a mean girl or classify you as one. I will continue to work with her and try to prove that nice girls like the  Disney Princesses wear makeup too, but until then, don't take offense.


Kids....they truly do say the darnest things.
























No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!!!!!! =o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My PEEPS! =o)